We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our customers. They include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our customers and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
OUR PARTNERSHIP FOCUS:
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness within our business.
- We shall support the development of our business through led training courses and using our facilities for all our business associates to hold seminars and industry meetings.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region, particularly employee chosen charities.
- We shall work with local schools, colleges and universities to assist young people in choosing their future careers, being an advocate for our industry.
- We operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement
- We provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of whatever nationality, colour, race or religious belief are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health and Safety policy and safe systems of work and our OHSAS ISO 45001:2018 standard.
- We have developed Environmental policies and objectives as part of the business planning cycle and are leading the transformation into green heating and cooling.
Modern Slavery Act Company Policy
As a leading supplier of natural heating and refrigeration solutions to the UK, Clade Engineering Systems Ltd are committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking within any part of our supply chain.
All our directors and employees are required to act whenever any concerns are raised whether from within or from outside of the business.
Clade Engineering Systems are based in the UK only. We operate from our head office in Bristol and The Technology Centre in Leeds.
OUR POLICY ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
We will endeavour to ensure that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking within our supply chain or in any part of our business. Our Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
Our supply chain comprises the engagement of subcontractor organisations to carry out works and services on our projects and the sourcing of materials and manufactured products.
We implement a number of processes to ensure, where practicable that our supply chain adhere to our expectations in respect of their workforce. We utilise SSIP schemes, alongside our own prequalification process to support this practise.
We look to build long term relationships with our suppliers and subcontractors and make clear expectations of their business behaviour.
We encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
SUPPLIER ADHERENCE TO OUR VALUES
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking, and we expect all those in our supply chain and contractors to comply with our values.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide training to relevant members of our staff. All directors have been briefed on this subject.
The Managing Director and the team have ensured that this management system policy has been implemented, maintained and is reviewed for continuing suitability annually.
This policy has been communicated to all applicable persons working for and on behalf of Clade and is available to all external bodies and members of the public upon request.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
CLADE Engineering Systems Ltd is committed to preventing pollution, to the protection of the environment and to complying with all relevant environmental compliance obligations.
We will regularly evaluate the environmental impact of our activities, products and services and we will take action to continually improve our environmental performance.
It is our policy to:
- Minimise the use of energy, water and natural resources
- Minimise waste through prevention, re-use and recycling where possible, disposing of it safely through legal routes, avoiding waste to landfill and increasing recycling
- Create and maintain an environmental management system that reduces the environmental impact across the business
- Set compliance with all relevant environmental legislation as the minimum standard within Clade, seeking to go above where practicable
- Avoid the use of hazardous materials, where practicable
- Prevent environmental damage & nuisance, actively managing and reducing factors such as noise and air pollution
- Protect the environment and encourage our suppliers, stakeholders & employees to do the same
- Reduce our carbon footprint – as part of our #2050carbonzero mission we aim to plant 5000 trees by 2030
- Continue to encourage and help our customers make the move to natural and low GWP products.
We will define environmental objectives, targets and improvement actions that are related to this policy and to our significant environmental aspects. We will regularly evaluate progress.
We are committed to providing relevant environmental training and promoting environmental awareness to employees and, where appropriate, to suppliers and to communicating our environmental performance.
We will implement processes to prevent environmental non-conformities and to ensure that we are prepared to deal with potential environmental emergencies.
This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to take account of organisational priorities and changes, environmental legislation and best practice.
This policy has been communicated, understood and applied to all persons working for or on behalf of CLADE and is available to members of the public and other interested parties upon request.
Environmental Policy Statement
Clade Engineering Systems Ltd