As Production Manager you will have operational accountability for the manufacturing of heat pump and refrigeration solutions, using CO2 and Hydrocarbon. Our primary heat pump focus is towards food manufacturing, hospitality, education, commercial, domestic, food retail and industrial markets, where our UK manufactured systems range from a small R290 air source heat pump, through to industrial-sized ground source CO2 heat pumps.
We also have a vast range of refrigerated plant products, from small condensing units through to large transcritical CO2 packaged units and Hydrocarbon / glycol chillers, which we supply to various food retail, industrial and food processing customers.
This role requires a natural, inspirational leader who is passionate about driving continuous improvement & success through people. You will be an exceptional candidate with a strong track record of delivering results and the ability to engage and energise a workforce, as well as push their development.
Driving and facilitating change to enhance good business practices and process, business growth and profitability will be key to success. You will take responsibility for all aspects of resource, process and performance. You will provide strong leadership and direction ensuring the business attracts, develops and retains talent.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the daily site operations whilst managing the operational P&L with the Head of Manufacturing.
- Control and improve efficiency through effective cost control, budgeting and setting of financial targets.
- Drive operational excellence and best practice across the business.
- Project managing business critical programmes that will significantly impact the performance of the site.
- Ensure that the team on site have clear targets and SLA’s and are driven and motivated to always achieve them.
- Formulate, agree and deliver the performance objectives of the site, considering the ways in which an increase in the scope and profitability of the site’s performance whilst embracing and encouraging change.
- Being consistently visible on site and leading by example.
- Maintain an awareness of innovative operational developments within the industry to suggest leading edge solutions to the customer where appropriate.
- Ensuring all requirements relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are being fully implemented.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
- A motivational, forward thinking and adaptable style of leadership consistently investing in people.
- A strong understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Exposure to dealing directly with large customer accounts.
- Experience of managing an operational P&L.
- The ability to communicate at all levels.
- Persuading and influencing skills.
- Ability to deliver multiple requirements to tight deadlines and react to change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Collaborative, involved style.
- Self-starter, plenty of initiative and drive.
- Excellent knowledge of the key Microsoft applications and Sage.
To apply, please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 14 days if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.